SMALL BUSINESS MENTORING
VDart has a small business mentoring and partnering program with diverse businesses. Typically firms start off with mentoring program, graduating into the partnering program. Our goals for mentoring program is to identify one diverse supplier every year, mentor them for 12 months, upon graduation partner with the diverse business through a joint venture to set them up for success. VDart started the mentoring program 2 years ago and so far 2 women owned diverse suppliers have graduated from this program. With successful graduation we currently partner with both these firms through a joint venture program.Some of our goals for mentoring and partnering are outlined below.
Mentoring Program Goals
- Develop the business acumen, performance capacity and competitiveness of small businesses.
- Stimulate new business growth opportunities for both small businesses and VDart.
- Cultivate opportunities for small business firms to expand their business operations globally.
- Help emerging firms avoid the pitfalls and mistakes that hinder business growth.
- Teach small businesses firms how to optimize revenues, expense controls and cash flow.
- Allow protégé principals to tap into the experience and expertise of senior executives.
- Facilitate relationships that are mutually beneficial and profitable for all.
- Assist protégé firms with the selection and implementation of technology solutions.
- Enlarge the community of proven suppliers who are ready to do business with VDart.
- Assist protégés in creating a similar mentoring program to train their suppliers eventually creating a program which is being passed along.